SABBATICAL

SABBATICAL

Friday, September 25, 2009

CHOICES

I am working on several projects besides my day job right now. One of them is a fantasy novel and another is a music CD about Adam and Eve and the garden. I write on my novel everyday. I wrote and arranged all the music last year so I basically only work on the music about once a week in the studio.

In my novel I just wrote a scene last night in which a person is offered everything they could possibly want, riches, fame , adulation, power. On the other hand they could choose a canteen of cold water and a sword. The soldier, knowing her own values, chose the canteen and sword.

In the night I awoke (literally) with the realization that was exactly the choice placed before Adam and Eve. This thought has haunted me all day as I have wondered in my mind, in between classes and at slow moments, if I know who I am and what I would choose. Do I make music and write for fame, adulation, riches and power? Or are words and music my canteen and weapon? What is worrying me is, I am not sure I know.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what I would choose either.... I'm not sure what my sword is. Do I own a sword? Do I want to own a sword?

    ReplyDelete